Saturday, August 16, 2008

Prayers

I have been reading, searching for those who are/have also adopted from Liberia. I have found ladies, Rachel, Angel and Kami that I have been in touch with. Rachel and Angel have been blessed children from Liberia, and Kami is in the process.
What is so nice about Ethiopia is that road there has been traveled and documented so well, with wonderfully organization. It has a timeline of how it all works. The support system is fantastic.
With our journey, its been traveled but with so much destruction with the war has torn this country apart. Now with trying to rebuild, it is taking quite a bit of time.
With receiving the medical report, we read that this little 2 year old is about 18-19 pounds. It excites me to think of the good Iowa beef we have in the freezer, milk, and veggies what that will do to this little boy.
I do admit getting bummed w/o knowing the process, I want a time line...What's next! In Liberia, there is no time line! Angel wrote me back saying this could take 3 months to a year before we get M home!
DH and I talked last night about how we always go to God in prayer when we have questions, doubts or praise. This week we praise God that he answered our prayers with the medical report.
I bought this little green book from the christian book store, by Beth Moore,

May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience, with Joy!
Colossians 1:11

We learn to be victorious only by surrendering our lives completely to the Spirit of God, not by gritting our teeth and trying harder!

I know I need to turn more to God and listen to what He has planned and know in His time the process will be shown! Maybe through this blog, we can connect with others that are going to Liberia? Have been to Liberia to tells us what and what not to do.

No comments: