Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall


"For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth." Psalm 71:5 

Fall is officially tomorrow!! I love fall, the smells, fresh air, cool breeze, the crunchy sound of the grass and corn, pumpkins, the colors of the trees.  God is so good, every season you see God's work in all things great and small. 
  Our past month has been a bit out of sorts, Labor Day weekend I had knee surgery, and than ended up with the flu!  I felt great after surgery and the next day. Than on Labor Day I knew something wasn't quite right. I am so thankful for my wonderful friend Jolene and my Mom for helping out here! When I was in bed for those few days, I thought about those who are sick with cancer and other illnesses every day and how blessed our family is with health!
 Mark has been so busy with work, another huge blessing!! The last few years you could really feel the economy drop in the family's cement business, and now it has picked up!!!  Beau is going to classes 3 days a week, and working the other 2-3 days!! 
Ben and Bradyn are busy with school and football!!  Those 2 are really growing up, and it is crazy how all the boys all have different personalities.  Bradyn surprised me last Monday night and made profession of faith!!  He surprised me at Ben's football game and told me that he had Dad(Mark) take him to church and he is so excited!!
 Brynn is enjoying school and friends!! She just had a sleep over with 8 other girls!!  She had a blast. Girls are so different than boys, her wonderful brothers love to get her fired up!! It is so great to see how she plays with Brody, and cares for him so much!!
 Brody is SO busy!! If he isn't in a cupboard, he is fishing in the toilet, playing with the toilet paper, trying to ride on his little tractors, figured out how to get on the kitchen table and waving bye, bye to go outside!! He loves to be with other children. I dropped him off at day care last week when I had a follow up on my knee.  He loved playing with all the other kids and didn't even notice when I left!!  Brody is winking, and learning where his nose, eyes, hair, he makes animal noises and is about walking.
 As we continue to wait for Marcus and news on Liberia. I ask for you to continue to pray for health for Marcus, for the country as elections are coming up. God has a wonderful President in Liberia, we continue to pray for President Sirleaf.  Pray also for our Agency, as we wait for word on adoptions updates in Liberia! I am excited to make a date with the young lady who went to Liberia this summer! Nikkel has a dvd with Marcus and pictures!!  God Bless You All!



 “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: