Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Off to Mississippi

This afternoon we are off to Mississippi! Since March, our Family has been not only praying for Marcus in Liberia, but also a very special young lady, Ms. R.
"R" and I have been talking and texting since our first talk with the social worker in MS!
I have hesitated to type and share, because so much can happen! Our hearts are in Liberia and now MS! So much can happen!


Our Family is continuing to wait for Marcus and the government to reopen! Our Family has talked about when Marcus will ever come home, we are not sure, but we are not giving up on him. Like Benjamin says, "Marcus is my brother!" Not only is and was Marcus' 4th birthday on Monday, a nephew's yesterday, and Friday is my Dad's but Lord willing Baby B will also be on Friday!
I ask for prayers as we drive south, for Ms. R, Dr's, and the much paper work to be efficient and do I dare to say quick? Tomorrow we will be our Social Worker and R and spend time together, getting to know each other face to face! I can hardly believe the day is this close. School starts next week Thursday and we decided to take the 2 youngest ones with. Beau and Benjamin both have high school football, and need to stay back. I feel horrible about leaving them, but God is in control of all things!
Sunday is Jacoby's baptism, and we will be in MS! It will be hard to be so far away and not with my sister and family during this exciting day for them. I am reminded that this is all in God's hands, and He is in control! Jacoby, we love you and pray God's abundant blessings on You!
It is crazy how we started this journey, (defiantly crazy) praying for the child(baby) God had in store for our family! Those who I have told that we are adopting a baby, it is funny the faces or questions we get. Yes we know the possibility of maybe having 6 children someday! I can not think of anything better than having 6 miracles!
I want to thank some very special friends who have been by our side! Not only your prayers, your encouragement, words of love! God is my Rock, but to lean on those during the crazy times is so amazing! God has blessed me tremendously with awesome family and friends!

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10a

So many Bible verses have popped out at me in the past 4 years...

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always…So commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these words of mine." 1 Chronicles 16:11, 18

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36

"Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God." 1 John 4:7

I will post more from MS!!

God Blessings from our House to Yours...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Tressa said...

Praying Kristi. We will be eager for an update. Take care.

Carey said...

Praying for everyone and all things involved to go smoothly. Sending our love! Godspeed!