Friday, July 2, 2010

Whew...July already?

I can hardly believe it is July already!
Wanted to share some pictures and thoughts with you from the past weeks!


Sunday we had a great day, Julie came home with little Jacoby!

Oh he is growing, and we all wait in line to get to hold and love him! Kari and her family came also!! My mom was so excited to take a picture with some of her grandsons!
Some of us went to see Toy Story 3! When I saw ads for the movie a year ago, in my mind I was so hoping Marcus could be home to watch it as a family! Now, I pray we can just watch it at home on DVD together sometime in the next year!
Some wild storms went through our area last weekend. Here is a picture of the clouds brewing! Not so far away some farms/homes where taken due to tornadoes and wind guests. We are so thankful nothing happened here!
Brynn lost 2 teeth this last week! She told me one was really getting loose, and next thing I knew she was holding the tooth! So different than the boys! Next thing I knew she had another pulled!!

Brynn and I have spent lots of time at the baseball field together! I am so thankful Brynn has fun with some little girls at the games!


We said Good Bye to Mark's Uncle Kenny this week! Kenny was a true man of God! He always had a firm hand shake or a hug, he loved everyone, it didn't matter if you where black, white, family, in-law, out-law or someone who lived on the streets. He love you because we are all God's children and we are all brothers and sisters through Christ. Kenny was a someone who encouraged us in our adoption journey! Kenny leaves behind a wife, 12 children and spouses, 45 grandchildren, 55 with grand-children’s spouses, and 32 great grandchildren.
Kenny even spent his last days at Vacation Bible School! Sharing his love for God with all the children and helpers/teachers! Mark was talking and I made them take picture! Great memories of a man who made a difference and example to all of us!
We are still waiting on any news from our Agency on our status with Marcus in Liberia! We praise God for Joni in Liberia to calm our hearts as we wait!! I so often wonder what Marcus thinks? Yes, he calls us Ma & Pa, but I am sure he can not even in his wildest dreams know what could or couldn't happen!! We continue to press forward and pray for God's hand to soften the Government, and all those who hold the future of the children in Liberia!! Mark and I are getting our usisc finger prints again next week!
Please continue to pray for Liberia, the children who are matched with parents!
Pray for family's who are waiting for the phone call! I know a family who is trying to be calm, patient for the chance to have their family's profile book go out! It has not been shown yet, and has been in the hands of their agency since February! So hard, and to see this Mom's heartache! Please pray for them!
Pray for Birth Mom's!! Pray for clarity, peace and guidance!

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

No comments: